Two Big Blue 20" x 4.5" CTO Carbon Block Filter (1 micron)
Two 20" x 4.5" Jumbo CTO Activated Carbon Filter (1 micron)
Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System
- Individually wrapped in films for freshness.
- Fits all Big Blue 20" x 4.5" Water Filter Housings.
- CTO filter adsorbs chlorine, halide, organic contaminants, odors, and other impurities that contribute to bad taste and odor.
- Flow rate: 7~9 GPM;
- Filter life: 20,000 gallons or every 8-12 month;
- Dimensions: Length = 20", O.D. = 4.5", I.D. = 1 1/8"
Note: Active charcoal carbon filters are most effective at removing chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from water. They are not effective at removing minerals, salts, and dissolved inorganic compounds, which are main sources of TDS (Total Dissolved Solid) reading. That means you will not see a significant drop on TDS readings by any carbon filters. Typical particle sizes that can be removed by carbon filters range from 0.5 to 50 micrometres. The efficiency of a carbon filter is also based upon the flow rate regulation. When the water is allowed to flow through the filter at a slower rate, the contaminants are exposed to the filter media for a longer amount of time.
The package includes:
- 2 pieces of 1 Micron 20" x 4.5" Activated Carbon Block (CTO) Filter